PocketPasswords 2.0 Final Released
Adiscon today announced the immediate availability of PocketPasswords 2.0
As already stated in the beta release, this version has been completely rewritten by using Microsoft's newest key technology, the .NET
infrastructure and the compact framework for Pocket PCs. During this rewrite, a
lot of new long awaited features have been added and some bugs from the beta
version have been fixed.
Below you will find a list of new features and bug fixes:
- Sorting - You can sort any group of entries (a whole category) either ascending or descending.
- Encryption - Secure 128 bit encryption has been implemented to give your
data the best protection.
- Faster - Loading and saving, editing of entries is much faster now.
- New category - A new category Software keys has been added by user
- Custom categories - It is possible now! Unfortunately there is no editor
for custom categories at the moment, so you will need to create them manually
- Line breaks - It is now allowed to use line breaks in the description
field of an entry.
- XML Data - All data is saved in the common XML
format now. If you have encryption disabled, you can view these XML
files in your favorite XML-Viewer.
- Bug fixed - Couldn't save more then 8 numbers into the credit card number
field. It is also possible now to use a space and the - character in the
- Bug fixed - Session did not time out if you were in the entry view.
- Bug fixed - If a menu was left open and the session was expired, the menu
items still could be clicked and the options could be opened for
Requirements for PocketPasswords 2.0
As PocketPasswords is based on the Microsoft Compact Framework, you will need to make sure that this is installed first. The current setup of PocketPasswords 2.0 does not contain the Compact Framework because of it's size.
For PocketPC 2000 & 2002:
If you have a device with such a Windows version, you may need to install the compact Framework first if it is not already.
You can download the latest version from here. Search for the term "compact framework".
Nothing special needed, this Windows Version already has the compact Framework installed.
Update from PocketPasswords 1.0.x:
Updating is very simply, kindly install Pocket Passwords 2.0 over your existing installation.
On first startup you will be asked for to enter a new password and to import your old password data.
Please make sure that you have made an backup
of your old password data before.
If you have any feedback, questions regarding the new version, pleased
send them either by email to email@example.com
or visit our forum.
UpgradeInsurance customers should contact Adiscon customer service
for a free 2.0 key. Customers who purchased PocketPasswords after 2004-03-01 are also entitled to a free 2.0 upgrade key.
Finally, Adiscon customer service should also be contacted if you intend to purchase an upgrade.
PocketPasswords 2.0 Final is a free download found at
Adiscon's web site. It downloads and installs quickly
and easily. Be sure to try it today!