WinSyslog 4.0 Final Released
Adiscon today announced the immediate availability of WinSyslog 4.0 final
Version 4.0 is a major improvement over the 3.x releases. It comes with a newly
designed enhanced multi-threading background service (the so-called
"engine"). It offers superior syslog performance and even further
enhanced reaction to system events.
There are numerous enhancements. Here are some of the most important
- Multiple syslog servers - a single WinSyslog instance can now run
multiple syslog servers, each one listening to different ports.
- TCP support - syslog messages can now also be received via TCP.
- Multiple Rule Bases - each syslog server instance can have a
specific rule base assigned.
- Large Burst Support - WinSyslog has a unique high performance
engine that guarantees message buffering during even during the most extreme burst
- Many more Filter Conditions - like time of day, weekday, message occurrence
and more. Allows extremely flexible message processing.
- Great New Actions - to be carried out as a result of receiving a
specific message. For example, processes can now be started (for example VB
scripts or batch files).
- WinSyslog Interactive Server now a separate Program - this makes it
easier from a usability point of view. Also greatly improved the speed of
the display under Windows XP.
- Improved documentation - now available as an easy to use Windows
help file. Also includes step-by-step guides for configuring many devices.
Also available online in PDF format.
WinSyslog 4.0 is a free update for UpgradeInsurance customers as well
as those who purchased WinSyslog 3.7 after the announcement of RC2 on
2002-02-20. If you are eligible for the free update, please contact us via email
at firstname.lastname@example.org with your license
WinSyslog 4.0 is a free download found at
Adiscon's web site. Interested users should download and try out the