Adiscon is proud to announce the 3.3 release of RSyslog Windows Agent.
This is a bugfixing release with minor feature update.
Most importantly, the Adiscon SNMP MIB now supports messages sizes up to 64k (previous limit was 255 characters). The OpenSSL Library has been updated to 1.0.2h. Bugs were fixed primarily in RELP and syslog forwarding processing. For details please see the change log.
Detailed information can be found in the version history below.
Build-IDs: Service 3.3.152, Client 3.3.235
- OpenSSL library updated to 1.0.2h.
- Adiscon SNMP Mib:
- Changed DisplayString limit from 255 characters to 65536. Now, strings above 255 characters can be send using the adiscon mibs.
- Send Syslog Action:
- Fixed an issue with the “Disable processing, forward as it is” Option. RawSyslogMsg property is used instead of msg property.
- Send Relp Action:
- Fixed an issue in the Session Close shutdown procedure which could lead to leaking sessions on Relp Servers.
- Send Relp Action: Fixed an issue setting a proper status on failure.
- Fixed a problem handling socket failures.
- Event Monitor V2:
- Dynamic properties could break XML format if they contained spaces in their name. Spaces and control characters are now properly replaced with underscores.
- Relp Listener:
- Fixed Socketsystem startup if only one Relp Listener Service was configured without any other network related services.
- Syslog Server:
- Fixed an issue relaying the priority / facility properties on Syslog Forward. The prifac property was not properly recreated if the message source was Syslog.
- Fixed an issue with RFC5424 header parsing which partially parsed invalid formatted syslog messages. This broke the original message.
- Fixed a parsing issue (TCP Protocol only) when the syslog header was missing. When the first characters were a number, TCP Syslog tried to detect octet framing. This failed but the beginning characters of the message were lost. Also octet framing was not disabled resulting in unexpected endings of the message.
- Fixed an issue with RFC 3164 Syslog Header parsing when “take syslog source from msg” is enabled.
- Property Replacer:
- Date related options are now evaluated before and after the property is truncated. But only if a match before the string truncation was not successful.
Version 3.3 is a free download. Customers with existing 2.x keys can contact our Sales department for upgrade prices. If you have a valid Upgrade Insurance ID, you can request a free new key by sending your Upgrade Insurance ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the download enables the free 30-day trial version if used without a key – so you can right now go ahead and evaluate it.