The step-by-step guides are meant to get you started quickly. They provide information on how to configure the product in common scenarios. Each section includes the information necessary to complete a specific task.
The information is presented in an easy to follow “step by step” way (hence the name). Each section begins with the intended result and then explains the steps to achieve it in the correct order. They are documented together with screenshots, so they should be easy to follow. For best results, please be sure to follow the exact order of the steps.
The step-by-step guides do not include all information that might be relevant to the situation.
In the step-by-step guides, we assume the product is already successfully installed but no configuration has been done. If it is not installed, please do so first.
All step-by-step guides assume that the client is running. This is kind of a step 0 for all the guides.
Installations and Configurations
- How to perform a mass update rollout?
- How to perform a mass rollout?
- How do I apply filters in MonitorWare Agent, WinSyslog and EventReporter?
- How To Setup MonitorWare Agent/ WinSyslog/ EventReporter?
- Configuring Windows for the Event Log Monitor
- Sample Syslog device configurations
- Intrusion detection via the Windows event log
- Firewall setup for MonitorWare Agent
- Creating a hardened log host
- How to upgrade WinSyslog / EventReporter / MonitorWare Agent?
- How To Get An Email Notification If An Windows Event Does Not Appear?
- How To Forward Various Logs To Different Syslog Servers?
- How To create a simple Syslog Server
- How To setup SETP Server Service
- How To setup EventLogMonitor Service
- Forwarding NT event logs to a Syslog server
- Forwarding NT event logs to an SETP server
- How to store custom properties of a log message in a database
- How To setup an SETP Action
- Creating a ruleset for database logging
Centralized Monitoring / Reporting