librelp 1.8.0 [download]
This new release of librelp is mostly for bugfixing. Most importantly, there were fixes added for gnutls handling and a memory leak that occured with gnutls.
For more details, please take a look at the changelog below.
– gnutls “bugfix”: handle receives who break connection on close
Some TLS servers don’t reply to graceful shutdown requests “for
optimization”. This can lead to librelp keeping the connection
for ever and thus effectively to hang on it.
This patch is modelled after a similiar patch by Renaud Métrich
see also https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/pull/4424
– gnutls bugfix: per-session memory leak
Depending on callig sequence and use, there were two memory leaks
which could cause operational issues for long-running processes.
This was primarily a problem for sender processes (and not listeners)
– tls bugfix: RETRY not correctly handled in TLS Mode & CI improvement
Relp session handling did not honor rtryOP status correctly,
instead it was checkong for errno=EAGAIN only.
This patch comes with a number of smaller patches, unfortunately
all rolled into a single commit.
– CI: Add centos8 / fedora30 workflows.
– CI: Switch rsyslog workflow to ubuntu-20.04
– CI: Imported run-ci script from rsyslog
– Fix multiple issue found with -Werror=missing-declarations (fedora30).
– openssl: Fix error output for all error cases
– testbench: Add test for tls basic with mixed tls libs
– testbench: fix python3 compatibility issues
– testbench: fix parallel tests for receiver-abort.sh and other tests.
– testbench: Added extra debug output to send.c utility.
– testbench: obtain python binary path via AM_PATH_PYTHON
– bugfix: librelp.h contains duplicate function definition
– removed some more externally visible symbols not being part of API
– testbench tooling improvements
– distcheck bugfix: add missing testbench cert files